Thursday, January 20, 2005

Inauguration Day

How did we get here? What did we do to offend you, dear Lord? I understand that in a democracy, one cannot win all the time. Sometimes, you are outvoted. However, I simply cannot understand how anyone could have voted for this nincompoop.

When you look at his record, you see failure after failure. You see a pattern of lies and deceit and bodies. Bodies from death row in Texas. Bodies in Iraq. Our President has a body count to rival the greatest tyrants and villians in history.

The President, as he proudly notes, governs based based on his "gut." This wouldn't bother me so much in the abstract- good instincts are occasionally helpful. However, W ignores the evidence and advice that doesn't synch up with his gut. Good instincts are no match for good advice, and good advice is only worth anything if the advisee is listens.

Maybe I'm just a little depressed, but I actually have a nervous stomach this morning. I am filled with despair.

No comments: